In Pursuit of Memory: The Fight Against Alzheimer's by Joseph Jebelli

In Pursuit of Memory: The Fight Against Alzheimer's

Alzheimer's is the great global epidemic of our time, affecting millions worldwide -- there are more than 5 million people diagnosed in the US alone. And as our population ages, scientists are working against the clock to find a cure.Neuroscientist Joseph Jebelli is among them. His beloved grandfather had Alzheimer's and now he's written the book he needed then -- a very h...

Title:In Pursuit of Memory: The Fight Against Alzheimer's
Author:
Rating:
Edition Language:English

In Pursuit of Memory: The Fight Against Alzheimer's Reviews

  • Ben
    I received this book through GoodReads' "First Reads" in exchange for a review.Firstly, there is a very important topic for me. My great grandmother had Alzheimer's, as well as numerous others that I've gotten to know throughout my lifetime. One of the biggest things I often think about, and worry a...
  • Rebecca Foster
    (4.5) Debut author and neuroscientist Joseph Jebelli has a personal stake in the fight against Alzheimer’s disease: his beloved grandfather succumbed to it back in Iran in 2012. With the world’s population aging, it’s expected that by 2050 Alzheimer’s will be the second leading c...
  • Joodith
    Here's a frightening thought:“.....Globally, there's a new diagnosis every four seconds, and even that's a conservative estimate. In England,for example, it's thought that only 48 per cent of people with dementia receive a diagnosis. The remaining 52 percent may be people whose symptoms are mis...
  • Paul
    When you think of diseases that kill people cancer and heart disease would most top peoples list, but with the population in the western world getting older, other illnesses are having an effect on mortality rates and people’s quality of life. One of the most significant is Alzheimer's and deme...
  • Natalie  S
    We are currently staring down the barrel of an epidemic with respect to the aging disorders Alzheimer’s and dementia. Human beings are living longer and these diseases have increased to the point where it will soon be our leading cause of death, overtaking things like cancer and heart disease. ...
  • Christina Dudley
    I found this book unputdownable, and I've read plenty of Alzheimer's and brain books. Jebelli writes engagingly and with sympathy, tracing the history of the disease's discovery, its certain and possible causes, and its possible avenues toward a cure. Although it's too late for my mother-in-law, it ...
  • Amy Leigh
    Fantastic book full of history on the disease and things we can hope for, like a cure. Having a grandmother who had Dementia through my late teen years I wound up babysitting her and reminding her who I was all too often. Now I have a future mother in law with it and she is very stubborn. My fianc...

Best Free Books is in no way intended to support illegal activity. We uses Search API to find the overview of books over the internet, but we don't host any files. All document files are the property of their respective owners, please respect the publisher and the author for their copyrighted creations. If you find documents that should not be here please report them. Read our DMCA Policies and Disclaimer for more details.